Visitors to Kaprun are sure to enjoy the ski areas and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's glaciers and coffeehouses. In Kaprun, there are 122 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Kaprun
The city's natural beauty is on display at Sigmund-Thun Gorge, Kaprun Alpine Reservoirs, and Mooserboden Reservoir. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Kaprun Ski Resort, Schaufelberg Panorama Cable Car, and Maiskogel Cable Car are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Margareta Church and Oldtimer Museum.
In Kaprun, you'll be able to select from 122 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lederer's Living - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- TAUERN SPA Zell am See - Kaprun - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 5 indoor pools and 6 outdoor pools, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Avenida Panorama Suites Kaprun - This 4-star aparthotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Kaprun
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Kaprun each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F