Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 23, 2019
Reviewed on Oct 4, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 25, 2019
Visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene in Kenmare, which is also known for its live music and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and monuments. Top sights around the area include Gap of Dunloe and Bantry House.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Kenmare
- The closest major airport is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry), 21 mi (33.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe), 28 mi (45 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kenmare
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Iverni Gallery, Kenmare Heritage Centre, and Kenmare Stone Circle. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Patrick's Church, Cromwell's Bridge, and Holy Cross Church. The picturesque setting of Moll's Gap and Killarney National Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kenmare. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Oldchurch House - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Driftwood B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sheen Falls Country Club - This 4-star cottage features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Gap of Dunloe, located 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Bantry House, which is 14.8 mi (23.9 km) away.
Dressing for Kenmare
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Kenmare gets about 36.14 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 66°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 37°F