Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 4, 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Kilkenny, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its live music and local tours.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Kilkenny
- The closest major airport is in Waterford (WAT), 32.7 mi (52.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kilkenny
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include National Craft Gallery, Rothe House, and The Hub. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Shee Alms House, Tholsel, and Kilkenny Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Butler House and Talbots Tower.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Kilkenny. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pembroke Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kilkenny City Centre can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Kilkenny City Centre features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a nightclub.
- Lyrath Estate Hotel Spa & Convention Centre - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms and overall condition.
Getting Around Kilkenny
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Kilkenny Station. Kilkenny might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Kilkenny
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- About 29.92 inches of rain falls on Kilkenny each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Kilkenny?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kilkenny, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Kilkenny?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Kilkenny?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Kilkenny City Centre?
What's the best accommodation for a family trip to Kilkenny?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Kilkenny?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Nowlan Park?
What about the best place to stay near Kilkenny Castle?
What's the best luxury accommodation in Kilkenny?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Kilkenny?
Recent reviews of Kilkenny hotels
More trip options
- Kilkenny Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kilkenny Airports
- Hotels in Kilkenny Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Kilkenny Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Kilkenny
- More Hotel Options in Kilkenny
- More Popular Hotels in County Kilkenny
- Other Hotels near Kilkenny, County Kilkenny
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends