Visitors to Knysna are sure to enjoy the golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's safari tours and forests.
- There are 168 hotels and other accommodations in Knysna
- The closest major airport is in Plettenberg Bay (PBZ), 20.5 mi (33 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in George (GRJ), 34.3 mi (55.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Knysna
The city's natural beauty is on display at Goukamma Nature and Marine Reserve, Knysna Elephant Park, and Pledge Nature Reserve. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Simola Golf Course, Knysna Quays, and Knysna Golf Club are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Brenton on Sea and Featherbed Nature Reserve.
In Knysna, there are 168 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Afrikana Guest Suites - Guests who stay at this 5-star guesthouse in Paradise can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Amanzi Island Lodge - Our customers love the WiFi and room size at this guesthouse. This 4-star guesthouse features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Head over Hills Luxury Retreat - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a free stocked minibar. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Dressing for Knysna
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 79°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 56°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.51 inches of rain falls on Knysna each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F