Visitors to George are sure to enjoy the golf courses and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches and churches.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in George
- The closest major airport is in George (GRJ), 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in George
The city's cultural venues include George Museum and Outeniqua Transport Museum. Attractions like Redberry Farm and Garden Route Botanical Garden are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Garden Route National Park.
In George, you'll find 61 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Edenwood Guest House - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with satellite TV.
- 17onWellington Suites - This 4-star guesthouse features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- French Lodge International - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for George
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for George is 0.51 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 46°F