Visiting La Junta
Families enjoy visiting La Junta though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, opera houses, and entertainment choices.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodations in La Junta
- The closest major airport is in Pueblo, CO (PUB-Pueblo Memorial), 55.8 mi (89.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in La Junta
Cultural venues in the city include Otero Museum, Koshare Indian Museum, and Rocky Ford Museum. Notable city landmarks like Bent's Old Fort National Historic Site and Granada War Relocation Center might be worth a visit. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Lamar Community College is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in La Junta. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- 3rd Street Nest Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn La Junta - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and central location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites LAMAR - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around La Junta
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at La Junta Station or Lamar Station. La Junta might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for La Junta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for La Junta is 10.55 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 18°F