Families and bargain hunters enjoy visiting Lamar though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, cafés, and sporting events. You'll find 20 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of La Junta.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lamar
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Lamar Community College is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Spreading Antlers Golf Course and Big Timbers Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Lamar. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 3rd Street Nest Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites LAMAR - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Blue Spruce Motel - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting Around Lamar
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Lamar Station. Lamar might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lamar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- Lamar gets about 15.87 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 15°F