Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Leon, which is also known for its shopping and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, museums, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include Cathedral of León, Plaza del Zapato Commercial Center, and Leon Stadium.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in Leon
- The closest major airport is in Leon, Guanajuato (BJX-Del Bajio), 16.2 mi (26 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Leon
Cultural venues in the city include Explora Science Center, Historical City Archives and Archaeological Museum, and Manuel Doblado Theater. Attractions like Leon Zoo and Aquarium Bajio are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Cathedral of León, Heroes' Causeway Arch, and Founders Plaza.
In Leon, there are 119 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Quinta by Wyndham Leon - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and WiFi.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Leon Guanajuato - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Radisson Poliforum Plaza Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its overall value and high-quality beds.
Other top sights in Leon include Plaza del Zapato Commercial Center and Leon Stadium. Popular places to see around the area include Juarez Theater, located 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city center, and Union Garden, which is 28.7 mi (46.2 km) away.
Dressing for Leon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Leon is 49.82 inches
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 47°F