Visitors to Leukerbad are sure to enjoy the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, hot springs, and churches. A top sight in the area is Trummelbach Falls.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in Leukerbad
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Leukerbad
The picturesque setting of Leukerbad-Therme and Swiss Alps exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gemmi Gondola and Torrent Cable Car.
In Leukerbad, you'll be able to select from 97 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Les Sources Des Alpes - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Astoria - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to the ski slopes and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Parkhotel Quellenhof - This 3.5-star hotel features ski slopes, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Trummelbach Falls, 18.9 mi/30.4 km from the city center.
Getting Around Leukerbad
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Leukerbad Station. Leukerbad may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Leukerbad
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Leukerbad gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F