Visitors can enjoy all that Lod has to offer including the museums and art. This city also attracts tourists with its rich culture. Top sights around the area include Azrieli Center, Tel Aviv Museum of Art, and Habima Theatre.
- You'll find 639 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tel Aviv
- The closest major airport is in Tel Aviv (TLV-Ben Gurion), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tel Aviv (SDV-Sde Dov), 12.4 mi (20 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lod
Azrieli Center, Tel Aviv Museum of Art, and Habima Theatre are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Hatachana Compound and Carmel Market.
As you make plans for a getaway to Lod, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 55 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Royal Beach Tel Aviv is located 11 mi (17.7 km) from the heart of Lod. This 5-star hotel in Tel Aviv features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and WiFi.
- Embassy Hotel Tel Aviv is 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from the center of Lod. With a stay at this hotel in Tel Aviv, guests can enjoy access to a bar and a café, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sea Executive Suites is 11.2 mi (18 km) from central Lod. With a stay at this hotel in Tel Aviv, guests can enjoy access to a 24-hour fitness center and a sauna, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its room service and overall condition.
Popular places to visit around the area include Jaffa Port, 10.8 mi/17.4 km from the city center, and Dizengoff Centre, which is 10.9 mi (17.5 km) away.
Getting Around Lod
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Lod Station or Lod - Ganey Aviv Station. Lod might not have very many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Lod
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- About 20.91 inches of rain falls on Lod each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F