History buffs will enjoy exploring Londonderry, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its museums, local tours, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Diamond, Tower Museum, and Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodations in Londonderry
- The closest major airport is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 7 mi (11.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Letterkenny (LTR-Letterkenny Airfield), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Londonderry
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Tower Museum, Museum of Free Derry and Bloody Sunday Memorial, and Harbour Museum. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Diamond, Derry City Walls, and Walled City. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Irish Craft Village and Guildhall.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Londonderry. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bishop's Gate Hotel - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Shipquay Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the clean rooms and walkable location at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Bridge Bed & Breakfast - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include a business center. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Getting Around Londonderry
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Londonderry Station. Londonderry might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Londonderry
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 57°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Londonderry is 1.22 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 64°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F