Visiting Long Island
Visitors to Long Island are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. A top sight in the area is Whitehaven Beach.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Long Island
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 6 mi (9.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Palm Bay Beach, Pelican Island, and Molle Islands National Park. Additionally, you'll find Whitehaven Beach in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Palm Bay Resort - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Dressing for Long Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 70°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 65°F at night
- Long Island gets about 1.89 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 57°F