Visiting Lower Hutt
Visitors to Lower Hutt are sure to enjoy the cafés and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, opera houses, and parks. Around the area, top sights include Westpac Stadium, Old St Paul's, and St Paul's Cathedral.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wellington
- The closest major airport is in Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Paraparaumu (PPQ), 21.8 mi (35 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lower Hutt
The city's cultural venues include Dowse Art Museum and Maori Treasures. The city's natural beauty is on display at Petone Foreshore, Matiu - Somes Island, and Sunshine Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Eastbourne Beach and Rimutaka Forest Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Lower Hutt. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ava Lodge - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in Petone can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its overall value and spacious, clean rooms.
- Kenlea Cottage - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast in Petone features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- B-K's Esplanade Motor Lodge - Guests who stay at this 4-star motel in Petone can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Westpac Stadium, located 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Old St Paul's, which is 7.9 mi/12.7 km away.
Getting Around Lower Hutt
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Lower Hutt is easy. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Lower Hutt Melling Station, Lower Western Hutt Station, or Lower Hutt Woburn Station. Cross the water on a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Lower Hutt
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 58°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- About 48.98 inches of rain falls on Lower Hutt each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 43°F