Lurig Mountain is a calm spot that can provide a much-needed escape from the bustle of life.
It is situated 35 miles from Belfast, in a place known as Ballycastle.
You should have no trouble finding a place to stay that will suit your preferences. There are at least 4 nearby. The Glens Hotel and Cullentra House can all be found within 2 miles of Lurig Mountain.
Other Places to Visit near Lurig Mountain
After checking out Lurig Mountain, you might be in the mood to venture further. The surrounding area has plenty more to offer:
- Red Bay Castle is one of the most impressive attractions in the area, but you may need to check if a confirmation is needed beforehand.
- Curfew Tower is the ideal meeting point for you and your family, as it's known by locals and visitors alike.
- Graveyards probably aren't the first place that comes to mind when considering what to see and do on a vacation. But grounds, such as the interesting Layde Graveyard, can tell visitors a lot about this region.
- Take time out from the hustle and bustle, get rid of some excess energy and enjoy the space at Glenariff Forest Park.
- You're certain to enjoy spending time at the dynamic campus of St. Killian's College, a school of higher learning that is valued by its many students and the community as a whole.