Visitors to Ballymena are sure to enjoy the spas and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Ballymena
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 26.3 mi (42.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ballymena
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Slemish Mountain, Glenariff Forest Park, and Lurig Mountain. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are ECOS Environmental Centre and Glenarm Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Ballymena. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Glenn Eireann House - This 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Marlagh Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this guesthouse. This 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar.
- Sleepy Hollow - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Giant's Causeway, 23.8 mi/38.3 km from the city center, and Belfast Castle, which is 23.2 mi (37.3 km) away.
Dressing for Ballymena
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 57°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Ballymena each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 64°F, whereas January and March are often coldest, averaging 35°F