Visiting Mae Sai
Visitors can enjoy all that Mae Sai has to offer including the temples, monuments, and zoo. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfront and mountain views. Mae Fa Luang Botanical Garden, Doi Tung Royal Villa, and Chiang Saen National Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in Mae Sai
- The closest major airport is in Chiang Rai (CEI-Chiang Rai Intl.), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houayxay (HOE), 34.9 mi (56.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mae Sai
The city is notable for landmarks like Wat Phra That Doi Wao, Wat Phra That Doi Tung, and Mae Sai Temple. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Wild Boars Academy Team View Point and Maesai Customs House.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Mae Sai. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Room@Maesai - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean rooms and location.
- Piyaporn Pavilion - Amenities at this 3-star hotel include a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Wang Thong Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
Popular places to visit in the area include Mae Fa Luang Botanical Garden, 8.3 mi/13.4 km from the heart of the city, and Doi Tung Royal Villa, which is 8.4 mi (13.5 km) away.
Dressing for Mae Sai
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 95°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 54°F
- From April to June, the average is 96°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 53°F as the nighttime average
- About 2.36 inches of rain falls on Mae Sai each year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 55°F