Visiting Mae Chan
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Mae Chan, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and local tours. Top sights around the area include Doi Tung Royal Villa, Mae Fa Luang Botanical Garden, and Wat Phra Kaew.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Mae Chan
- The closest major airport is in Chiang Rai (CEI-Chiang Rai Intl.), 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houayxay (HOE), 38.7 mi (62.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mae Chan
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Hot Springs. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Choui Fong Tea, Mae Chan Tea House & Plantation and Wat Archan Thong Cave.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Mae Chan. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Manee Dheva Resort And Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Katiliya Mountain Resort & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this resort. With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to see around the area include Doi Tung Royal Villa, 10.1 mi/16.2 km from the heart of the city, and Mae Fa Luang Botanical Garden, which is 10.2 mi/16.4 km away.
Dressing for Mae Chan
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 95°F during the day and 54°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 96°F, while the average at night is 66°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mae Chan is 2.36 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 55°F