Visitors to Marion are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Paducah, KY (PAH-Barkley Regional), 41.8 mi (67.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Marion
Places to visit in the larger region include Hardin County Court House, Venture River Family Water Park, and Vista Ridge Park. In the area, you'll also find Mineral Mound Golf Course and Kuttawa Harbor Marina.
As you plan your trip to Marion, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 33 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park is located 26.1 mi (42.1 km) from the heart of Marion. This 2.5-star hotel in Gilbertsville features a marina, a golf course, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Madisonville is 33.3 mi (53.5 km) from central Marion. This 2-star hotel in Madisonville features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Madisonville is 33.9 mi (54.5 km) from the center of Marion. This 2.5-star hotel in Madisonville features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Marion
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 26°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Marion is 1.73 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F