Visiting Marsa Matruh
Visitors to Marsa Matruh are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, seafood restaurants, and sporting events.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Marsa Matruh
- The closest major airport is in Marsa Matruh (MUH), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Marsa Matruh
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Almaza Bay Beach, Fatimiea Village Beach, and Marsa Matruh Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mersa Matruh Stadium and Cleopatra Rock.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Marsa Matruh. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Caesar Bay Resort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Jaz Almaza Bay - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this resort. This 5-star resort features 8 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 5 restaurants.
- Carols Beau Rivage Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with a private balcony.
Dressing for Marsa Matruh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Marsa Matruh gets about 0.20 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 49°F