Visitors can enjoy all that Matheran has to offer including its mountain views. In Matheran, there are 7 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Mumbai (BOM-Chhatrapati Shivaji Intl.), 26.9 mi (43.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Matheran
A favorite place to visit in the city is Sunset Point. You'll also find Utsav Chowk and Adlabs Imagica in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Matheran. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- ROYAL HOTEL - MATHERAN is located in the heart of Matheran. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Khalapur can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with in-room LED TVs.
- The Byke Heritage Pure Veg is located in central Matheran. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Khalapur can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Regal hotel Matheran is located 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the city center. This 3.5-star hotel in Khalapur features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Dressing for Matheran
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 97°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 100°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Matheran gets about 27.80 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 98°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 53°F