Travelers give high marks for the ski areas in Megeve, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours, golf courses, and churches. Top sights around the area include Mont Blanc, Bellevue Cable Car, and Parc de Merlet.
- There are 57 hotels and other accommodations in Megeve
- The closest major airport is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 36.6 mi (58.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Megeve
Skiing is one of the top activities, while Mont d'Arbois Ski Area, Petit Rochebrune Gondola, and Mont d'Arbois Golf Club are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mont d'Arbois Gondola and Rocharbois Gondola.
In Megeve, there are 57 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Mont-Blanc - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, ski slopes, and a restaurant.
- Au Coin du Feu - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Les Chalets du Mont d'Arbois - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Mont Blanc, located 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Bellevue Cable Car, which is 8.7 mi (13.9 km) away.
Dressing for Megeve
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 1.18 inches of rain falls on Megeve each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F