Travelers to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and relaxing spas. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and cafés. Top sights in the city include Mont Blanc, Planards Adventure Park, and Planpraz Tram.
- There are 387 hotels and other accommodations in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 30.2 mi (48.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 42.3 mi (68 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
Attractions like Planards Adventure Park, Planpraz Tram, and Aiguille du Midi Cable Car are fun for kids of all ages. The glaciers, mountain views, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Mont Blanc, Aiguille du Midi, and Lake Gaillands are worth a visit. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Sea of Ice, Brevent Gondola, and Flegere Cable Car are favorite sights to visit.
In Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, you'll be able to select from 387 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Le Hameau Albert 1er - This 5-star hotel in Chamonix City Centre features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Le Cristal de Jade - Our customers love the family-friendly amenities and pool at this aparthotel. With a stay at this aparthotel in Chamonix City Centre, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Auberge du Manoir - With a stay at this hotel in Chamonix City Centre, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Parc de Merlet, 2.7 mi/4.3 km from the city center, and Bellevue Cable Car, which is 4.7 mi/7.5 km away.
Getting Around Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Station, Chamonix Anguille du Midi Station, or Les Moussoux Station. Chamonix-Mont-Blanc may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 1.06 inches of rain falls on Chamonix-Mont-Blanc each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F