Visitors to Minahasa are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Manado (MDC-Sam Ratulangi Intl.), 23.6 mi (38.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Minahasa
Places to visit in the larger region include Lake Tondano, Mount Lokon, and Indah Tateli Beach. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Minahasa, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 53 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Four Points by Sheraton Manado is 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from central Minahasa. This 4-star hotel in Manado features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western The Lagoon Hotel is 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the center of Minahasa. This 4-star hotel in Manado features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and location.
- Mercure Manado Tateli Resort and Convention is located 16.9 mi (27.2 km) from the heart of Minahasa. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Pineleng can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Minahasa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- Minahasa gets about 2.44 inches of rain per year
- August and October are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while October and November are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F