Visitors to Minehead are sure to enjoy the gardens, waterfront, and coffeehouses. The quaint and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Dunster Castle and Bakelite Museum.
- There are 99 hotels and other accommodations in Minehead
- The closest major airport is in Cardiff (CWL-Cardiff Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 30.9 mi (49.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Minehead
The city is notable for landmarks like Dunster Castle, Dovery Manor Museum, and Holnicote Estate. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Dunkery Beacon, Greencombe Gardens, and Minehead Beach. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Porlock Weir Harbour is one place to visit.
In Minehead, there are 99 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Gables - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include a library and an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Candlelight B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and bathrooms at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Edgcott House - Guest House - Amenities at this 3.5-star guesthouse include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Bakelite Museum, 11.9 mi/19.1 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Minehead
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Minehead is 37.68 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F