Find Hotels in Monchique
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Sep 26, 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 22, 2016
Reviewed on Nov 29, 2019
Reviewed on Jul 19, 2019
Reviewed on Dec 2, 2019
Reviewed on Feb 22, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 25, 2020
Visitors to Monchique are sure to enjoy the spas and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its seafood restaurants. Top sights around the area include Rocha Beach, Meia Praia Beach, and Dona Ana Beach.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Monchique
- The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 11.7 mi (18.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 40 mi (64.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monchique
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and these places to visit: Foia Mountain, Monchique Biopark, and Monchique Thermal Springs. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Nossa Senhora do Desterro Convent and Misericordia de Monchique Church.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Monchique. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vilafoîa AL - This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Macdonald Monchique Resort & Spa - Our customers like the bar and quiet location at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Villa Termal das Caldas de Monchique Spa Resort - Amenities at this hotel include a full-service spa and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to visit in the area include Rocha Beach, 14.3 mi/23 km from the city center, and Meia Praia Beach, which is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) away.
Dressing for Monchique
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Monchique gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Monchique?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Monchique, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Monchique?
What's the best hotel when traveling with kids to Monchique?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Monchique?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Monchique?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Monchique Biopark?
What about the best place to stay close to Foia Mountain?
What's the best accommodation to stay near the beach in Monchique?
What's the best luxury hotel in Monchique?
Recent reviews of Monchique hotels
More trip options
- Monchique Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Monchique Airports
- Hotels near Popular Monchique Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Monchique
- More Hotel Options in Monchique
- More Popular Hotels in Faro District
- Other Hotels near Monchique, Faro District
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends