Find Hotels in Portimao
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Portimao, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its golf courses, casinos, and spas. Around the area, top sights include Rocha Beach, Meia Praia Beach, and Zoomarine.
- There are 324 hotels and other accommodations in Portimao
- The closest major airport is in Portimao (PRM), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 32.2 mi (51.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Portimao
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Rocha Beach, Praia dos Três Castelos, and Vau Beach. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and golfing, while Portimao Harbor, Portimao Marina, and Golf Alamos are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jesuit College Church and Portimao Municipal Stadium.
In Portimao, there are 324 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Macdonald Vale da Ribeira Residences - This 4-star villa features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- NDS Prestige Guesthouse and Suites - Urban Chic Concept - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this guesthouse. Guests who stay at this 4-star guesthouse in Portimao City Centre can enjoy access to concierge services and limo/town car service, along with free WiFi.
- Jupiter Marina Hotel - Couples & SPA - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Top places to visit around the area include Meia Praia Beach, located 7 mi (11.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Zoomarine, which is 12.2 mi (19.6 km) away.
Getting Around Portimao
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Portimao is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Portimao Station. You can find out about your water travel options at the local marina.
Dressing for Portimao
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 77°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Portimao gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Portimao?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Portimao, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Portimao?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Portimao?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Portimao City Centre?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation in Portimao?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Portimao?
What's the best all-inclusive hotel in Portimao?
What is the favorite LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Portimao?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Portimao?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Rocha Beach?
Recent reviews of Portimao hotels
More trip options
- Portimao Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Portimao Airports
- Hotels in Portimao Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Portimao Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Portimao
- More Hotel Options in Portimao
- More Popular Hotels in Faro District
- Other Hotels near Portimao, Faro District
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends