Travelers to Moncton give high marks for the shopping, riverfront, and casinos. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, theaters, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Moncton Coliseum, Magnetic Hill, and Hopewell Rocks.
- There are 124 hotels and other accommodations in Moncton
- The closest major airport is in Moncton, NB (YQM-Greater Moncton Intl.), 4.6 mi (7.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Moncton
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Moncton Capitol Theatre, Acadian Museum, and New Brunswick Railway Museum. Attractions like TreeGo Moncton, Magnetic Hill Zoo, and Magic Mountain Water Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Shediac's Giant Lobster, Thomas Williams House, and Saint-Anselme Church.
In Moncton, you'll find 124 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sackville Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- Hôtel Shediac - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- La Maison Mer de Cocagne - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Moncton include Moncton Coliseum, Magnetic Hill, and Hopewell Rocks.
Dressing for Moncton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 41°F during the day and 6°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 24°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 10°F
- Moncton gets about 48.16 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°F