Visitors can enjoy all that Monmouth has to offer including the university setting and golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and quaint setting.
- You'll find 9 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Galesburg
- The closest major airport is in Burlington, IA (BRL-Southeast Iowa Regional), 26.6 mi (42.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Peoria, IL (PIA-Greater Peoria Regional), 52.7 mi (84.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monmouth
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Monmouth College is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Gibson Woods Golf Course to your agenda.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- AmericInn by Wyndham Monmouth - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Monmouth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 15°F at night
- About 38.03 inches of rain falls on Monmouth each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°F