Families will find kid-friendly activities in Peoria, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, entertainment choices, and baseball games.
- There are 66 hotels and other accommodations in Peoria
- The closest major airport is in Peoria, IL (PIA-Greater Peoria Regional), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bloomington, IL (BMI-Central Illinois Regional), 38.2 mi (61.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Peoria
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Peoria Riverfront Museum and Contemporary Art Center of Peoria. The city is notable for landmarks like Spirit of Peoria, Courthouse Square, and St. Mary's Cathedral. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Wildlife Prairie State Park, Big Creek Park, and Lakeland Park.
In Peoria, you'll find 66 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Cornerstone Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Peoria - Riverfront - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Peoria
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- Peoria gets about 36.49 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F