Travelers to Monterrey give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, live music, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Fuente de la Vida o Neptuno, Faro de Comercio, and Macroplaza.
- There are 148 hotels and other accommodations in Monterrey
- The closest major airport is in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon (MTY-General Mariano Escobedo Intl.), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Saltillo, Coahuila (SLW-Plan de Guadalupe Intl.), 39.3 mi (63.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monterrey
The city is well known for its museums and live music, and cultural venues include Museo del Obispado, Convex Exposition Center, and Auditorium Pabellón M. Attractions like KidZania Monterrey, Parque Plaza Sesamo, and Bosque Magico are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Fuente de la Vida o Neptuno, Faro de Comercio, and Macroplaza.
In Monterrey, there are 148 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Monterrey Valle - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Staybridge Suites San Pedro - Our customers like the location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- One Monterrey Tecnologico - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room LED TVs. Expedia customers love its breakfast and clean rooms.
Other favorite sights in Monterrey include Explanada de los Heroes, Arena Monterrey, and Fundidora Park.
Getting Around Monterrey
You can take advantage of metro transit at Padre Mier Station, General I. Zaragoza Station, and Fundadores Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Monterrey
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Monterrey gets about 28.10 inches of rain per year
- August and June are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F