Find Hotels in Montevideo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2019
Where to stay in Montevideo
3.5/5Good!(57 area reviews)
Centro is noteworthy for its shopping, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Plaza Fabini and Salvo Palace.
4.5/5Wonderful!(52 area reviews)
Unique features of Pocitos include the beaches and restaurants. Make a stop by Pocitos Beach or Rambla of Montevideo while you're exploring the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(32 area reviews)
Beaches, casinos, and shopping are some highlights of Carrasco. Make a stop by Carrasco Beach or Sofitel Montevideo Casino while you're exploring.
4.5/5Wonderful!(74 area reviews)
Punta Carretas is known for its abundant dining options, and you can plan a trip to Punta Carretas Shopping Mall and Castillo Pittamiglio while you're in town.
4/5Very Good!(63 area reviews)
Ciudad Vieja is noteworthy for its historic sites, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Montevideo Cathedral and Puerto de Montevideo.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Montevideo, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Culturally-rich and vibrant, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés.
- There are 139 hotels and other accommodations in Montevideo
- The closest major airport is in Montevideo (MVD-Carrasco Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Montevideo
Cultural venues in the city include Estévez Palace, Teatro Sobre Ruedas, and Salvo Palace. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Puerta de la Ciudadela, Montevideo Cabildo, and Montevideo Cathedral. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Louvre Antiques, Artisan Market, and Port Market.
In Montevideo, you'll find 139 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Alma Histórica Boutique Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Ciudad Vieja can enjoy access to a spa tub and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Cottage Puerto Buceo City Hotel - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Ciudadano Suites - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a café and concierge services, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Getting Around Montevideo
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Montevideo Central Station, Montevideo Dr. Lorenzo Carnelli Station, or Montevideo Yatay Station. Montevideo might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Montevideo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 56°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Montevideo gets about 37.72 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 43°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Montevideo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Montevideo, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Montevideo?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Montevideo?
Where is the best place to stay in Pocitos?
What's a favorite place to stay in Punta Carretas?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Montevideo?
What's the best hotel for couples in Montevideo?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Montevideo?
Where is the best hotel to stay with easy access to Bay of Montevideo?
What about the best place to stay near Prado Park?
What are some accommodations with pools in Montevideo?
Recent reviews of Montevideo hotels
More trip options
- Montevideo Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Montevideo Airports
- Hotels in Montevideo Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Montevideo Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Montevideo
- More Hotel Options in Montevideo
- More Popular Hotels in Uruguay
- Other Hotels near Montevideo, Uruguay
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends