Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Moorea, which is also known for its local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Moorea Tropical Garden, Tiahura Beach, and Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodations in Moorea
- The closest major airport is in Moorea (MOZ-Temae), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Papeete (PPT-Tahiti Faaa Intl.), 15.2 mi (24.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Moorea
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Moorea Tropical Garden, Tiahura Beach, and Temae Beach. Snorkeling, taking local tours, and shark watching are top activities, while sights to visit include Moorea Green Pearl Golf Course. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Belvedere Lookout and Tiki Village Cultural Centre.
In Moorea, there are 92 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Fenua Mata'i'oa - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Fare Vaihere - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Linareva Moorea Beach Resort - This 3-star resort features a private beach, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Papeete Market, located 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Moorea
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- Moorea gets about 68.74 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 69°F