Find Hotels in Munich
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 25, 2019
Where to stay in Munich
Munich City Centre
4/5Very Good!(18 area reviews)
Famous as a shopping hub, the city also has many historical attractions. Walk down its wide boulevards and discover what it’s like to be a Münchner.
4.5/5Wonderful!(153 area reviews)
Spend some time visiting places like English Garden while getting to know Schwabing, and be sure to check out the colorful gardens. You can hop aboard the metro at Munchner Freiheit U-Bahn or Bonner Platz U-Bahn to see more of the area.
5/5Exceptional!(367 area reviews)
Enjoy the popular shops in Altstadt-Lehel. Hofbrauhaus is a worthwhile stop, and you can jump on the metro at Lehel U-Bahn or Odeonsplatz U-Bahn to see more of Munich.
4.5/5Wonderful!(484 area reviews)
Koenigsplatz and Lenbachhaus are top sights in Maxvorstadt, and you should be sure to explore the popular shops. Hop aboard the metro at Konigsplatz U-Bahn or Theresienstrasse U-Bahn to see more sights in the area.
4.5/5Wonderful!(19 area reviews)
Travelers enjoy Laim for its breweries, and if you want to see some more of the area, you can jump on the metro at Laimer Place Station.
Travelers to Munich give high marks for the breweries, fascinating museums, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its architecture, churches, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche), Theresienwiese, and Rathaus-Glockenspiel.
- There are 633 hotels and other accommodations in Munich
- The closest major airport is in Munich (MUC-Franz Josef Strauss Intl.), 18.2 mi (29.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Munich
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Old Pinakothek, Pinakothek der Moderne, and New Pinakothek. Attractions like Erding Thermal Spa, Hellabrunn Zoo, and Nockherberg Paulaner Brewery are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its churches and landmarks like Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche), Marienplatz, and Viktualienmarkt.
In Munich, you'll find 633 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mandarin Oriental, Munich - This 5-star hotel in Munich City Centre features 2 restaurants, a 24-hour fitness center, and 3 bars. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Eriks Hotel - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel in Freising District features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Rocco Forte The Charles Hotel - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Munich City Centre can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Other favorite sights in Munich include Theresienwiese, Rathaus-Glockenspiel, and Residenz. Top places to visit in the area include Lake Starnberg, 20 mi/32.2 km from the city center, and Lake Tegernsee, which is 30.3 mi/48.7 km away.
Getting Around Munich
With so many ways to get around, seeing Munich is simple. You can take advantage of metro transit at Central U-Bahn, Karlsplatz (Stachus) Station, and Lenbachplatz Tram Stop. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Munich Central Station, Donnersbergerbrücke Station, or Heimeranplatz Station.
Dressing for Munich
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Munich gets about 37.44 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Munich?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Munich, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Munich?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Munich?
Where is the best place to stay in Munich City Centre?
What's a favorite place to stay in Schwabing?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Munich?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Munich?
What is the favorite LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Munich?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Munich?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Erding Thermal Spa?
Recent reviews of Munich hotels
More trip options
- Munich Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Munich Airports
- Hotels in Munich Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Munich Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Munich
- More Hotel Options in Munich
- Munich Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Bavaria
- Other Hotels near Munich, Bavaria
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends