Visitors to Mysore are sure to enjoy the zoo and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours, musical theater, and lakeside setting.
- There are 131 hotels and other accommodations in Mysore
- The closest major airport is in Mysore (MYQ), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mysore
Favorite places to visit in the city include Jayachamarajendra Art Gallery, Jaganmohan Palace and Art Gallery, and Mysore Palace. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chamundi Temple and Mysore Zoo.
In Mysore, there are 131 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Grand Mercure Mysuru, an AccorHotels Brand - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and comfortable rooms.
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Mysore - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Royal Orchid Metropole Mysore - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Getting Around Mysore
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Mysore Ashokapuram Station, Mysore Chamarajapuram Station, or Mysore Junction Station. Mysore might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Mysore
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 59°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 68°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 60°F
- About 34.02 inches of rain falls on Mysore each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 61°F