Visiting New Bedford
Visitors to New Bedford are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, museums, and art. Top sights around the area include Buttonwood Park Zoo, Old Silver Beach, and Edaville.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in New Bedford
- The closest major airport is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 19.8 mi (31.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Bedford
Cultural venues in the city include New Bedford Whaling Museum, New Bedford Art Museum, and Zeiterion Theatre. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Taber, Old Third District Courthouse, and New Bedford Whaling National Historic Park. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Buttonwood Park Zoo and New Bedford Seastreak Ferry Terminal are sights to visit.
Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- New Bedford Harbor Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with an in-room sofa bed. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Old Silver Beach, located 14.8 mi (23.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Edaville, which is 16.6 mi (26.7 km) away.
Dressing for New Bedford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 23°F at night
- New Bedford gets about 51.93 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F