Visiting Fall River
Visitors to Fall River are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, soccer matches, and theaters. Top sights around the area include Buttonwood Park Zoo, Roger Williams Park Zoo, and Kennedy Plaza.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Fall River
- The closest major airport is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fall River
Cultural venues in the city include Little Theatre of Fall River, Fall River Historical Society, and Children's Museum of Greater Fall River. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lafayette-Durfee House and USS Massachusetts.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Buttonwood Park Zoo, 10.9 mi/17.5 km from the city center, and Roger Williams Park Zoo, which is 15.5 mi (25 km) away.
Dressing for Fall River
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 23°F at night
- About 52.01 inches of rain falls on Fall River each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F