Visiting Woods Hole
Visitors to Woods Hole are sure to enjoy the waterfront and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests, seafood restaurants, and aquarium. A top sight in the area is Buttonwood Park Zoo.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Woods Hole
- The closest major airport is in Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Woods Hole
Notable city landmarks like Woods Hole Drawbridge and Nobska Lighthouse might be worth a visit. Top activities include taking a ferry and wine tasting, while Woods Hole Ferry Terminal is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Woods Hole Historical Museum and Marine Biological Laboratory.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Woods Hole. Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Sands of Time Motor Inn & Harbor House - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Buttonwood Park Zoo, located 16.3 mi (26.3 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Woods Hole
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 23°F at night
- About 45.16 inches of rain falls on Woods Hole each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F