Visitors to Westport are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries and shopping. Buttonwood Park Zoo, Touro Synagogue, and Naval War College Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Westport
- The closest major airport is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newport, RI (NPT-Newport State), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Westport
Notable city landmarks like Westport Town Farm and Handy House might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dedee Shattuck Gallery and Westport Rivers Vineyard & Winery.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Westport. Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Buttonwood Park Zoo, located 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Touro Synagogue, which is 14.1 mi/22.6 km away.
Dressing for Westport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Westport gets about 52.01 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F