Visitors to Newburyport are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfront.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Newburyport
- The closest major airport is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Beverly, MA (BVY-Beverly Municipal), 15.7 mi (25.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newburyport
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Historical Society of Old Newbury. The city's natural beauty is on display at Waterfront Promenade Park, Joppa Flats Education Center and Wildlife Sanctuary, and Atkinson Common. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Oldies Marketplace is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Newburyport. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Clark Currier Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and quiet location.
- Compass Rose Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Garrison Inn Boutique Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Newburyport
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Newburyport Station. Newburyport might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Newburyport
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- About 47.40 inches of rain falls on Newburyport each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F