Visitors can enjoy all that Merrimac has to offer including the forests and waterfront. There are 178 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Beverly, MA (BVY-Beverly Municipal), 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Merrimac
Places to visit in the larger region include John Greenleaf Whittier Homestead and Museum, Amesbury Sports Park, and Mary Baker Eddy Historic House. Additionally, you'll find Maudslay State Park and Winnekenni Castle in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Merrimac, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 51 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel is 18.1 mi (29.2 km) from central Merrimac. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Danvers can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Knights Inn Danvers is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the center of Merrimac. This 2-star motel in Danvers features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- Motel 6 Boston - Danvers is located 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from the heart of Merrimac. Guests who stay at this 1.5-star motel in Danvers can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking.
Dressing for Merrimac
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Merrimac gets about 51.57 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F