Visitors can enjoy all that Newbury has to offer including the baseball games, gardens, and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Newbury
- The closest major airport is in Beverly, MA (BVY-Beverly Municipal), 13.7 mi (22 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lawrence, MA (LWM-Lawrence Municipal), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Newbury
The city's natural beauty is on display at Old Town Hill, Plum Island, and Parker River National Wildlife Refuge. Additionally, you might want to add Newbury Beach to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Newbury, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 90 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Blue - Inn on The Beach is 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from central Newbury. This 3.5-star hotel in Newbury features free breakfast, a spa tub, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale.
- Parker River Waterfront Cottage on a Tidal River in Newbury Close to Plum Island is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the center of Newbury. This 3-star hotel in Peabody features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Upscale Cottage On The Atlantic Ocean is located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the heart of Newbury. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Danvers can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Newbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- Average annual rainfall for Newbury is 47.40 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°F