Find Hotels in Nome
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Nome has to offer including the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. There are 366 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV), 13.7 mi (22 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Nome
A favorite place to visit in the city is Billabong Sanctuary. Additionally, you'll find Cluden Racecourse and Australian Institute of Marine Science in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Nome, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can select from 366 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Madison Plaza Townsville is located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the heart of Nome. This 4-star hotel in Townsville features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a bar. Our customers like its proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms.
- The Ville Resort - Casino is 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the center of Nome. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Townsville can enjoy access to a casino and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
- Aquarius on the Beach is 11.9 mi (19.1 km) from central Nome. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in North Ward can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its beach locale and overall value.
Dressing for Nome
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- About 40.35 inches of rain falls on Nome each year
- Usually December and January are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 58°F