Find Hotels in Northern Australia
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2021
Where to stay in Northern Australia
Visiting Northern Australia
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Northern Australia, and visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas, coral reefs, and lush rainforest. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and walkable setting. Top sights in the city include Uluru (Ayers Rock), Darwin Waterfront, and Mossman Gorge.
- There are 8305 hotels and other accommodations in Northern Australia
- The closest major airport is in Tennant Creek, NT (TCA), 26 mi (41.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Northern Australia
Cultural venues in the city include Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium, Queensland Performing Arts Centre, and Tivoli. Attractions like Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, Australia Zoo, and Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like SkyPoint Observation Deck, Lake McKenzie, and Somerset Dam.
In Northern Australia, you'll be able to select from 8305 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Eumundi Gridley Homestead B&B - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Avocado Sunset B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in North Tamborine can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sanctuary Palm Cove - This 5-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its pool and comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Northern Australia include Uluru (Ayers Rock), Darwin Waterfront, and Mossman Gorge.
Getting Around Northern Australia
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Northern Australia is simple. Take advantage of metro transit at Forsayth Station, Midgee Station, and Grandchester Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Ciccone Alice Springs Station, Macdonnell Station, or Duchess Station. You can ride a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
More trip options
- Northern Australia Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Northern Australia Airports
- Hotels in Northern Australia Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Northern Australia Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Northern Australia
- More Hotel Options in Northern Australia
- Northern Australia Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Australia - New Zealand and the South Pacific
- Other Hotels near Northern Australia, Australia - New Zealand and the South Pacific
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends