Visiting Outer Hebrides
Visitors to Outer Hebrides are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its archaeological sites. A top sight in the city is Luskentyre Beach.
- There are 65 hotels and other accommodations in Outer Hebrides
- The closest major airport is in Benbecula (BEB), 18.8 mi (30.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Stornoway (SYY), 45.6 mi (73.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Outer Hebrides
Cultural venues in the city include An Lanntair, Seallam, and MacGillivray Centre. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Callanish Stone Circle, Lews Castle, and Amhuinnsuidhe Castle. The city's natural beauty is on display at Luskentyre Beach, Uig Sands, and Eriskay Beach.
In Outer Hebrides, you'll be able to select from 65 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Stornoway Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its clean and comfortable rooms.
- Hal O' The Wynd Guest House - Our customers like the room size at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with WiFi.
- The Royal Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean rooms.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Dunvegan Castle, 28 mi/45.1 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Outer Hebrides
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 60°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 55°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Outer Hebrides is 1.38 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 60°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F