Visitors to Pittsfield are sure to enjoy the sporting events, entertainment choices, and theaters. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, lakeside setting, and ski areas.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Pittsfield
- The closest major airport is in Pittsfield, MA (PSF-Pittsfield Municipal), 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hudson, NY (HCC-Columbia County), 25.7 mi (41.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pittsfield
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Berkshire Museum, Berkshire Athenaeum, and Colonial Theater. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Canoe Meadows Wildlife Sanctuary and Bousquet Ski Area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Pittsfield. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel On North - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- White Horse Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting Around Pittsfield
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Pittsfield Intermodal Transportation Center or Pittsfield Station. Pittsfield might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Pittsfield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 11°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 14°F at night
- About 45.43 inches of rain falls on Pittsfield each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 14°F