Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Polson, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its glaciers, shopping, and restaurants. A top sight in the city is Flathead Lake.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodations in Polson
- The closest major airport is in Kalispell, MT (FCA-Glacier Park Intl.), 42.6 mi (68.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Missoula, MT (MSO-Missoula Intl.), 53.6 mi (86.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Polson
The city's cultural venues include Ninepipes Museum of Early Montana and Miracle of America Museum. Notable city landmarks like St. Ignatius Mission and Kerr Dam might be worth a visit. The lakeside, glaciers, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Flathead Lake, Wild Horse Island State Park, and Flathead National Forest are worth a visit.
In Polson, you'll be able to select from 59 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Red Lion Inn & Suites Polson - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Ninepipes Lodge - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- KwaTaqNuk Resort & Casino - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Dressing for Polson
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 33°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 14°F
- Average annual rainfall for Polson is 17.01 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 17°F