Visitors can enjoy all that Polygyros has to offer including the parks, spas, and seaside. The culturally-rich and quaint setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 47 hotels and other accommodations in Polygyros
- The closest major airport is in Thessaloniki (SKG-Macedonia), 25.8 mi (41.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Polygyros
The city's natural beauty is on display at Exi Vrises Park, Gerakini Beach, and Psakoudia Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Polygyros Town Hall and Church of Polygyros.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 47 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Polygyros. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ikos Olivia - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Cronwell Resort Sermilia - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Loxandra Studios - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Thessaloniki Concert Hall, 29.4 mi/47.3 km from the heart of the city, and Museum of Byzantine Culture, which is 30 mi (48.3 km) away.
Dressing for Polygyros
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Polygyros is 18.50 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F