Visiting Port Aransas
Travelers give high marks for the bustling port in Port Aransas, which is also known for its festivals. Top sights in the area include Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History, Art Museum of South Texas, and Texas State Aquarium.
- You'll find 1875 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Corpus Christi
- The closest major airport is in Rockport, TX (RKP-Aransas County), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Corpus Christi, TX (CRP-Corpus Christi Intl.), 27.3 mi (44 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Aransas
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: IB Magee Beach Park, Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center, and Port Aransas Nature Preserve at Charlie's Pasture. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Horace Caldwell Pier is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are University of Texas Marine Science Institute and Newport Dunes Golf Course.
In Port Aransas, you'll be able to select from 1181 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Camp Coyoacan - This 2-star campground features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its overall value and convenient parking.
- Best Western Port Aransas - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Balinese Wellness Spa and Yoga Retreat -Adults Only- - This 2-star hotel features a full-service spa, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include USS Lexington Museum on the Bay, 20.2 mi/32.5 km from the heart of the city, and Texas State Aquarium, which is 20.3 mi (32.6 km) away.
Dressing for Port Aransas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 51°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Port Aransas is 34.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 52°F