Visiting Corpus Christi
Travelers to Corpus Christi give high marks for the beaches, must-see aquarium, and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music and museums. Top sights in the city include Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History, Art Museum of South Texas, and Texas State Aquarium.
- There are 2227 hotels and other accommodations in Corpus Christi
- The closest major airport is in Corpus Christi, TX (CRP-Corpus Christi Intl.), 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rockport, TX (RKP-Aransas County), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Corpus Christi
The city is well known for its live music and museums, and cultural venues include Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History, Art Museum of South Texas, and USS Lexington Museum on the Bay. Attractions like Texas State Aquarium, Hurricane Alley Waterpark, and Schlitterbahn Waterpark Corpus Christi are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Mirador de la Flor - Selena's Seawall Statue, One Shoreline Plaza, and Fulton Mansion.
In Corpus Christi, there are 2227 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Rockport - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Candlewood Suites Corpus Christi-Naval Base Area - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in Flour Bluff features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Best Western Port Aransas - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Old Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Other favorite sights in Corpus Christi include Port Aransas Beach, Corpus Christi Marina, and Old Concrete Street Amphitheater.
Dressing for Corpus Christi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 79°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 95°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Corpus Christi gets about 31.69 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 48°F