Visitors to Portland are sure to enjoy the waterfront and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Top sights around the area include USS Lexington Museum on the Bay, Texas State Aquarium, and Art Museum of South Texas.
- You'll find 1872 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Corpus Christi
- The closest major airport is in Corpus Christi, TX (CRP-Corpus Christi Intl.), 13.1 mi (21.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rockport, TX (RKP-Aransas County), 22.3 mi (35.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Portland
Notable places to visit in the larger region include USS Lexington Museum on the Bay, Texas State Aquarium, and Art Museum of South Texas. Additionally, you'll find Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Portland. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Portland - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Best Western Plus Northshore Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Corpus Christi-Portland - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Portland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 63°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- Average annual rainfall for Portland is 34.76 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 52°F